[rt-users] RTFM: sorting, FreeformMultiple

Valtteri Vuorikoski vuori at geo0-hel-fi.magenta.net
Wed Mar 10 13:37:06 EST 2004

We've started using RTFM to store pieces of information about various servers.
A few questions have come up:

- Is sorting the search display in the works, or does anyone have a patch to just
sort by name or something? Some larger classes are a bit difficult to browse with
items in random order. My perl isn't good enough to deal with this, unfortunately.

- When editing the custom fields a class should have, there is a text box
next to each CF. This isn't documented, I assume it is meant to be the sort order?
It has no effect, however (all CF's have their sort order set to 0 in their own
config).

- The docs say it should be possible to have multiple bulleted items generated from
text entered in a FreeformMultiple field. However, all text I enter appears on one
line despite the line breaks. I'm using Safari (MacOS X), perhaps wrong sort of
linebreaks or something? I've been meaning to look at this a bit more closely,
but I wouldn't say no to a ready solution (-:

I'm using RT 3.0.8, RTFM 2.0.3rc6, Perl 5.8.3 and mod_perl on FreeBSD 5.2.

--
 Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori at magenta.net>
 MagentaSites Oy