[rt-users] Re: Why is submitting/updating a ticket SO SLOW

seph seph at directionless.org
Fri Mar 12 22:29:08 EST 2004

> I've gotta assume that we are all not having the performance
> issues I'm having.

good assumption, we are not all having those performance
issues.

> Hey Best Practical!!  I've posted a number of performance queries
> haven't heard from you guys at all.

You're whining to rt-users, a list full of *volunteers* and community
members. If you want a response from Best Practical contact them
directly, sales at bestpractical.com.

> Given the current speed issues I'm not very motivated to PAY
> BP a maint contract.   A DB with less than 150 tickets, 6 users
> should be way faster than this...
>
> I really need to get the performance issues resolved, or drop
> this code and go purchase a commercial product.

You have a weird problem, that sounds like a site issue. You have many
choices, the three obvious ones are:

   You can mail rt-user, in the hopes of getting community advice, you
   got some. It even seemed like good advice to me, but I admit I
   wasn't paying much attention to that thread.

   You can hire hire a contractor to help, I certainly haven't seen
   you try.

   You can hire Best Practical, they're professionals. You pay them,
   they help you. Further, their rates are quite reasonable.

Threatening to drop RT in favor of some unknown commercial product is
really not a very good way to make friends. And when you're asking for
free help, friends are exactly what you need.

seph