[rt-users] Cannot Create Ticket Error Again Please Help

Nick nickc at voyager.net
Fri Mar 19 01:48:36 EST 2004

On 3/19/04 12:53 AM, "Phil Homewood" <pdh at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> Nick wrote:
>> [Sat Feb 14 05:28:04 2004] [error]: Couldn't create a ticket group of type
>> 'Requestor' for ticket 1473: Could not create group
>> (/home/rt/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:1314)
>
> Sounds like the autoincrement field on the Principals or
> Groups table (or maybe another table) is corrupted.
> Compare the result of
>
> mysql> show table status from rt3 like 'Groups'
>
> with
>
> mysql> select max(id) from Groups
>
> to check.

mysql> show table status from rt3 like 'Groups'

Gives me an Auto_increment of 7009.

mysql> select max(id) from Groups

Gives me 7008.

Same results when I check Principals.  When I check tickets though,

mysql> show table status from rt3 like 'Tickets'

Auto Increment is 1598

mysql> select max(id) from Tickets

Max(id) is 1594

I don¹t know as much about SQL as I should lol but that doesn¹t sound right.
There an easy way to get things back on track?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

-Nick