[rt-users] Re: NIS authentication

Fabian Ritzmann fr at wificom.com
Mon Mar 22 04:04:51 EST 2004

Parimala Ramdas wrote:

> Users from NIS are logged into RT. But if there is no such user, it
> doesn't fall back to RT login page. And after log in this user cannot
> even change preferences. It says permission denied. I assume that users
> are created without any privileges. How can I fix this? And how does an
> admin log on to manage RT as $WebFallbackToInternalAuth is failing? I'm
> using RT ver 2.1.88.

This is what I did for RT 3.0.8, you might be able to reuse that, I
guess the code hasn't changed that much over 2.1. It requires the
attached patch to html/autohandler. It doesn't use external
authentication, instead the autohandler itself tries NIS authentication
first and if that fails, it falls back to the database.

Fabian