[rt-users] Re: NIS authentication

seph seph at directionless.org
Mon Mar 22 08:55:58 EST 2004

> Users from NIS are logged into RT. But if there is no such user, it
> doesn't fall back to RT login page. And after log in this user cannot
> even change preferences. It says permission denied. I assume that users
> are created without any privileges. How can I fix this?

The user attributes used with $WebExternalAuto are set in
Interfaces::Web::WebExternalAutoInfo. It's straightforward to overlay
that function. However, it does default to creating Privledged users,
so I'm not sure what you're seeing. Are the users actually created? Do
you have a strange ACL setup?

> And how does an admin log on to manage RT as
> $WebFallbackToInternalAuth is failing? I'm using RT ver 2.1.88.

What do you mean failing? Looking at your httpd,conf snippet, I don't
see how apache would ever let you hit RT without a valid REMOTE_USER,
so WebFallbackToInternalAuth is never invoked, only WebExternalAuto.

seph