[rt-users] RT 3.0.9, Apache2, and FastCGI problem...

Steve Wampler sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us
Thu Mar 25 11:37:34 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 06:58:58PM -0500, AJ wrote:

> About the url issues.. did you make sure that the following is in the
> httpd.conf:
>
> DirectoryIndex index.html
>
> And the mod perl alias reads:
>     PerlModule Apache::DBI
>     PerlRequire <rthome>/bin/webmux.pl
>     Alias /rt <rthome>/share/html
>     <Location /rt>
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlHandler RT::Mason
>     </Location>

Thanks, I've got it working with mod_perl2 now, I think - though not
quite with the above.  Instead, I've got:
<VirtualHost XXX.XXX.XXX:443>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/https
    # (sbw 2004/03/25): Added support for RT problem tracker

    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
    PerlModule Apache::DBI

    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    Alias /rt /opt/rt3/share/html
    PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

    <Location /rt>
        AddHandler perl-script .html
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
        #RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ https://weaver.tuc.noao.edu%1/index.html
        Options All
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

The trick from what I had started with long ago (based on the older RH9
system that was working with 3.0.7...) is the commenting out of the
RedirectMatch line and the use of AddHandler instead of SetHandler.

I have no clue why these changes are needed on this machine and not
the older one, mind you, except to note that this newer install of
RT resulted in newer versions of many perl modules to be installed
than are in use on the older machine.

Thanks to everyone for their advice!!

-Steve

Steve Wampler     {sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us}
The gods that smiled upon your birth are laughing now. -- fortune cookie