[rt-users] RT 3.0.9, Apache2, and FastCGI problem...

Steve Wampler sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us
Thu Mar 25 13:37:18 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 09:37:34AM -0700, Steve Wampler wrote:

> Thanks, I've got it working with mod_perl2 now, I think - though not
> quite with the above.  Instead, I've got:
> <VirtualHost XXX.XXX.XXX:443>
>     DocumentRoot /var/www/https
>     # (sbw 2004/03/25): Added support for RT problem tracker
>
>     PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
>     PerlModule Apache::DBI
>
>     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>
>     Alias /rt /opt/rt3/share/html
>     PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
>     Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
>
>     <Location /rt>
>         AddHandler perl-script .html
>         PerlHandler RT::Mason
>         #RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ https://weaver.tuc.noao.edu%1/index.html
>         Options All
>     </Location>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> The trick from what I had started with long ago (based on the older RH9
> system that was working with 3.0.7...) is the commenting out of the
> RedirectMatch line and the use of AddHandler instead of SetHandler.
>
> I have no clue why these changes are needed on this machine and not
> the older one, mind you, except to note that this newer install of
> RT resulted in newer versions of many perl modules to be installed
> than are in use on the older machine.

I lied.  The above wasn't sufficient.  It's sufficient to use
the web interface, but rt-mailgate wasn't able to talk to mail-gateway,
because that URL wasn't being handled by RT::Mason (perl).  I had
to add the following Location information above the <Location /rt>
to get email ticketing to work:

    <Location /rt/REST>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
        Options All
    </Location>

This feels bad to me - adding patches on top of patches.  Perhaps someone
can figure out (and explain!) what *should* be done instead!

Thanks!
Steve

--
Steve Wampler     {sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us}
The gods that smiled upon your birth are laughing now. -- fortune cookie