[rt-users] "No permission to create tickets in the queue 'Orders'"- RT then drops the message

Brent Wiese brently at bjwcs.com
Tue Mar 30 17:04:26 EST 2004

> When two messages with the same sender, a *new*
> non-privileged user in RT,
> come in at the same time, only one makes it into the queue,
> while the other
> just gets dropped.

I'm having a similar problem in 1 queue, except the second message doesn't
make it in either. If that sender opens a ticket in another queue, then
they're ok.

> The problem seems to occur when Fetchmail hands Postfix the
> two messages.

We don't use Fetchmail. We have Postfix running as a daemon taking email
directed from aliases on our main mail host.

> Mar 13 16:26:17 RTSRV RT: No permission to create tickets in the queue
> 'Orders' (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:678)
> Mar 13 16:26:17 RTSRV RT: Create failed: 0 / 0 / No
> permission to create
> tickets in the queue 'Orders'
> (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:684)

Mine looks very similar, with path changes and such of course.

> The queue is setup correctly, with Everyone having ticket creation

I thought so on mine too. All my queues use the "global" permissions and
they all work right. I specifically added everyone/create to this queue and
it helped, but didn't solve (now its intermittant).

> Here are the basic facts:
>
> RT 3.0.8

We're still on 3.0.7.

> Perl 5.8.0
> Apache 1.3.29
> MySQL 3.23.58 (InnoDB)

We're on 4.0-something, so I don't think this is a mysql thing.

Here is other thing about my setup and queue... We added a custom
auto-response template. We've done similar to other queues and they work,
but maybe something about this template causes this?

Anyone? Anyone?

Brnet