[rt-users] Reopening 'resolved' ticket

Dave Dennis dmd at speakeasy.org
Wed Mar 31 14:27:52 EST 2004

Dear list,

Unfortunately, in the real world, some customers might feel replying to a closed
ticket is their best option.

Currently, this would result in a comment going into the ticket, but we would
never see the comment, because the ticket was closed and remained closed.

We want to be able to accommodate this, and have the queue reopen the ticket
that we previously resolved, if the customer replies to the closed-ticket mail.

Yes, its a 'mistake' to close a ticket before the customer is finished.  But
sometimes the customer is not accommodating of ticketing systems!  Sometimes the
customer waits a week, or is away, then replies to a mail that says "ticket is
resolved."  We can yell at them to open a new ticket, but that doesn't always
work.

We want to be able to reopen a ticket if the customer replies to it, even if its
closed. (and subject remains intact, of course).

If the subject line stays intact, their reply goes into the ticket.  But
currently the ticket isnt reopened.

What needs to be created (what scrip?) to make the replied-to ticket reopened?

There was a discussion of this in RT2.0 - 2.2, but I found nothing after that,
this is for RT3.0 .

The wiki had some resolve scrips but nothing to reopen via email a resolved
ticket.

Thanks, any help appreciated!

+ Dave Dennis
+ Seattle, WA