[rt-users] RT fails to provide full URLs?

Michael R. Wayne rtuser at wayne47.com
Tue May 4 17:43:51 EDT 2004

Today I gave up on attempting to upgrade my existing RT install and
did a ground-up install in a new jail on FreeBSD4.8.  Turns out
that apache & postgress are just as unhappy there as on the
other box so I abandoned postgres and reinstalled with mysql.

After a lot of googling (BTW somebody really should take an hour
and write viable instruction on how to install RT as the supplied
ones are terribly incomplete), I managed to get it up and running,
can login and see the empty Start Page.

But the pages take FOREVER to load.  After waiting for the page to
actually load, I noticed that the "RT" image in the top left is not
being displayed.  Doing a "Copy image address", I see:
  http://rt/NoAuth/images/rt.jpg
which is obviously wrong (I would expect a FQDN name after the //).

Is this some sort of config thing that I'm missing?  Although I have
updated config.pm, I see nowhere that I need to specify the
hostname on which the server is running.

/\/\ \/\/