[rt-users] Using Procmail to deliver RT-mail to queues

Iomar Vargas ivargas at commoca.com
Tue May 4 20:06:04 EDT 2004

I followed the guidelines at http://www.geert.triple-it.nl/rt_procmail.html

But how it works now? I have created a queue, for example :

Queue name: interfaces

Correspondence address: interfaces at rt.mydomain.com

My DNS have registered rt.mydomain.com, and mydomain.com to the same address
of the mail server.

Do I have to make an alias? How procmail works? I know that every email has
to be dispatched to rt_dispatcher, but how it does the map from
interfaces->rt_dispatcher? I think here is the magic:

$ cat /etc/mail/virtusertable
postmaster at rt.mydomain.com postmaster
@rt.mydomain.com rt_dispatcher

But these are alias? Do I have to put these aliases on postfix?

I just send an email to interfaces at rt.mydomain.com and didn’t work out
(Undeliverable mail return to sender,  mail for rt.mydomain.com loops back
to myself. From the mailer-daemon at mydomain.com.

Is something I’m missing?

Thanks in advance,

Iomar

PS: mydomain isn’t the actual domain name, just for the example.

------------------------------------
Commoca, Inc.
Iomar Vargas
Software Engineer