[rt-users] Using Procmail to deliver RT-mail to queues

Paulo Matos pjsm at fct.unl.pt
Wed May 12 14:17:38 EDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Iomar Vargas wrote:

> Do I have to make an alias? How procmail works? I know that every email has
> to be dispatched to rt_dispatcher, but how it does the map from
> interfaces->rt_dispatcher? I think here is the magic:
>
> $ cat /etc/mail/virtusertable
> postmaster at rt.mydomain.com postmaster
> @rt.mydomain.com rt_dispatcher
>
> But these are alias? Do I have to put these aliases on postfix?

First of all, the setup on the page you referred is for sendmail+procmail.
What you have to do is investigate how virtual domains work under postfix
and reproduce what's on 'virtusertable' on a 'postfix way'. And yes, those
are alias from address to users on the machine.

> I just send an email to interfaces at rt.mydomain.com and didn't work out
> (Undeliverable mail return to sender,  mail for rt.mydomain.com loops back
> to myself. From the mailer-daemon at mydomain.com.
This seems to be a completely different issue now. Either you have an A
record for rt.mydomain.com which points to the host that receives email,
or you have to do an MX record to the corresponding host.

	Hope this helps.

--
	Paulo Matos