[rt-users] upgrade/install

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Tue May 18 05:10:57 EDT 2004

Yes, there is small DB changes in 3.0.10-11.
There is special notes about upgrade in README file you should read it.

Peter Jamriško wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to upgrade from 3.0.6 to 3.0.10. Are there some changes to rt3
> database, or does 'make upgrade' just upgrade of files under /rt3
> directory?
> I want to backup whole rt3 mysql database (from running rt 3.0.6) and
> install rt 3.0.10 on another computer and then copy database backup to
> new installed rt 3.0.10. Is it possible? Are these databases the same
> versions (between 3.0.6 and 3.0.10?
It's not right way. Copy your running RT to another machine, do upgrade
there, check it for errors, regressions. And because you DB copy is
outdate to prodoction when you'll wish to upgrade it then you can't just
copy it back. You should do upgrade on production in same way.
Generaly talking DB changes is small script which alter your DB. You can
review it yourself and decide what to do.

> Thanks.
>
> Peter

PS. 3.0.11 upcoming soon.