[rt-users] upgrade/install

Peter Jamriško peter.jamrisko at advantel.cz
Tue May 18 05:50:15 EDT 2004

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

> Yes, there is small DB changes in 3.0.10-11.
> There is special notes about upgrade in README file you should read it.
>
> Peter Jamriško wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to upgrade from 3.0.6 to 3.0.10. Are there some changes to rt3
>> database, or does 'make upgrade' just upgrade of files under /rt3
>> directory?
>> I want to backup whole rt3 mysql database (from running rt 3.0.6) and
>> install rt 3.0.10 on another computer and then copy database backup
>> to new installed rt 3.0.10. Is it possible? Are these databases the
>> same versions (between 3.0.6 and 3.0.10?
>
> It's not right way. Copy your running RT to another machine, do
> upgrade there, check it for errors, regressions. And because you DB
> copy is outdate to prodoction when you'll wish to upgrade it then you
> can't just copy it back. You should do upgrade on production in same way.
> Generaly talking DB changes is small script which alter your DB. You
> can review it yourself and decide what to do.

This small change is only betwwen 3.0.10 - 3.0.11 ? Or is it also
between 3.0.6. - 3.0.10? Because I'm going to upgrade from 3.0.6 to 3.0.10.
So, I did it this way:

I have installed 3.0.6 on my PRODUCTION machine (it is working couple of
months). I want ro run 3.0.10 on another machine and stop 3.0.6 on
production and then another machine become production.
I installed 3.0.6. on the ANOTHER machine, then a created backup of
PRODUCTION mysql-rt3-database. I copied this database on the ANOTHER
machine.
I tested it, and it works well. Next step was to upgrade rt on the
ANOTHER machine from 3.0.6. to 3.0.10. I tested it again, and it is
woking well now.
So, i have 3.0.6 on the PRODUCTION machine and 3.0.10 on the ANOTHER
machine. Problem is that now the data on the ANOTHER machine are not
up-to-date and I need to backup and restore database from PRODUCTION to
ANOTHER again (and stop rt 3.0.6 on the PRODUCTION) . May I just replace
database on the ANOTHER by database from PRODUCTION (different versions).

Thanks.