[rt-users] bug in searching custom fields with multiple values?

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Thu May 20 14:18:49 EDT 2004

Stefan Wachter wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have a queue specific custom field that may contain multiple values.
> If I have a ticket which has set multiple values for that custom field
> then I do not find the ticket when I specify a search criteria that
> contains multiple values for that custom field. Eg:
>
> The custom field may contain the values "parser" and "DTD". My ticket
> has set both values. The search criteria is:
>
> Queue = vdp
> CF.vdp.{category} LIKE %DTD%
> CF.vdp.{category} LIKE %parser%
>
> If I drop the second or the last criteria then the ticket is found. Yet,
> the ticket is not found if I look for "DTD" and "parser".
>
> Is this a bug?
I confirm, fail with 3.0.HEAD.
I want fix it we should deside what results do we want with search on
multiple valued custom fields:
1) ticket has custom field A defined and value is 1 or 2
2) ticket has custom field A defined and value is 1 and 2

Now, both doesn't work. search is broken.
I expect right fix would be second case, because usual user want
decrease number of tickets when add new search condition.

My SB 0.99, but as I see from changes to 1.00_01 it doesn't matter.