[rt-users] Approval before sending Correspondence

Sebastian Flothow lists at flothow.de
Thu May 27 08:28:14 EDT 2004

Am 27. Mai 2004 um 07:29 Uhr schrieb emf:
> The problem is their tickets often involve very touchy questions
> answered by volunteers... so we need to have some control over when
> things are sent out.

About how many people are allowed to approve answers?

> 1.) Make a Reply only go out on Approval.

Did you look at RT's approval mechanism? Maybe it can provide this
functionality (I've never used it, though).

> 2.) Make a Reply only go out when some other custom property is set.

Well, you could probably write a custom scrip which checks some kind of
approval flag, but I don't see much use in this as the approval flag
had to be set before the reply is entered.

> 3.) Make it possible for a Comment to be turned into a Reply (and be
> sent).

Modifying a transaction is against RT's principle of not changing
history, so you'd have to repeat the content in a second transaction.
As a low-tech implementation, copy'n'pasty would do (arguably, this
could be considered a mere workaround).

> 4.) Minimally, add a pop-up "are you sure" to the Reply option via
> javascript.

Probably the easiest to implement, but not very reliable as an
increasing number of users disables JavaScript, either for security
reasons (especially in corporate environments), or to avoid popups,
self-resizing windows and other annoying 'features' clueless web
designers come up with.

> All of these things (save the last) seem to involve blowing away the
> default Scrip for Correspondence and triggering a similar scrip on
> some other action.

Well, allowing for customization is the very purpose of the scrip
system.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.