[rt-users] What kinds of skills are required for RT

Ron Tyro ron.tyro at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 2 13:48:22 EST 2004

Hi.

I'm new to this product, and was hoping this list can answer a few
questions on Request Tracker.

Is it necessary to be a *nix systems administrator for RT?
Is it necessary to be DBA for RT?
Is it necessary to be a perl expert to use and upgrade RT?
Can RT be used out of the box or do I need to customize it?

Basically, what kinds of skills do I need to have in order to
install/maintain/upgrade RT on a *nix environment?

Thank you in advance,
Ron

--
Ron Tyro
Scotiabank Information Commmons, University of Toronto