[rt-users] Using RT for public open source bug tracking systems

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Nov 4 09:51:54 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm helping set up RT for 'darcs', an alternative to CVS about to hit 1.0:

http://www.darcs.net/

I would like the developer mailing list to receive copies of new bug
reports that are submitted. (but the whole group doesn't need to see all
the follow-ups).

I know RT supports this, but I've having trouble configuring it. I'm
interested in suggestions for this, as well as other tips for
configuring RT as a OSS public bug tracking system.

Here's what I tried:

I created a user for the developer mailing list and made it an AdminCC
of the queue. This seems to make /all/ of the queue traffic get sent to
the list, instead of the initial ticket creation messages.

I tried the wiki docs, but couldn't get any further.

Thanks for your help!

I've been using RT sincd 3.0 as a support ticket system and have found
that's a great solution for that.

	Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .