[rt-users] Is RT not multi (tasking/threading) safe!

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Fri Nov 5 10:02:22 EST 2004

Hi!

> at the ticket again.  I'll eat my shirt if both transactions didn't
hmm, yummi shirt ;-) !

> actually occur.  I find that sometimes if you go "too fast", the
> information isn't completely up to date in your web browser.  The database
> has completed the transactions in the correct order.

no it hasn't because. because if i surf to the ticket now IT IS owned
by nobody. And I have the "take" button". An other user reported
that he pressed "take" followed by "reply", and the requestor got an
email from "Nobody"

> I would suggest you
> look at your transaction logs to verify this, but for us on a Debian
> system, the serialization exists.
So I think yopu talk about /var/log/request-tracker3/rt.log
My problem is that we are getting a lot of tickets per day and
I have no clue what is the line to look for. I have debug enabled
but there are no "Take" and "Resolve" lines, Just "create","reply"
and "comment".

Okay it seems to be not a debian thing. But do you also have a
2 Proccessor machine (which ht)? Do you have "KeepAlive" activated
in your httpd.conf?

Another things which worries me are some lines in the log
- Couldn't prepare Open Tickets
(/usr/share/request-tracker3/lib/RT/Scrip_Overlay.pm:346)
- Encoding errors in I18N

best regards!