[rt-users] Unprivileged users unable to authenticate?

Daniel Porowski dporowski at myrio.com
Fri Nov 5 15:27:09 EST 2004

Okay, with RT 3.2.1 on mysql/linux, I'm running into an issue where
some of my unprivileged users are unable to log into the web interface
due to authentication issues.

It's not user error--I've tested it myself using known
passwords/usernames.  The accounts are active in RT, don't show
disabled in either the GUI or the database, and the password hashes in
the DB match those on accounts with working, known passwords.
Everything about these users looks just fine in the DB and the GUI,
it's just that they can't log in.  Changing their passwords in the GUI
has no effect, toggling them active/inactive in the GUI has no
effect...  Nothing seems to fix this.

Anyone run into this before?
--

Daniel Porowski