[rt-users] Add Content to QuickCreate

Bret Martin bam at miranda.org
Mon Nov 8 11:33:59 EST 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:16:53 +0100 Christian Hammers wrote:
> I guess it's made for "Pizza for lunch anyone?" style tickets that do
> not require any content. Else the "new ticket in [queue]" form at the
> top is already as short as it could be.

It's possible to make a perfectly useful ticket with only a queue and
subject line, like "Install $software on $server" or "Research
$new_technology".

Granted, choosing useful subject lines is an art.

Keeping the default QuickCreate minimal is a good thing, in my opinion
-- it encourages you to put to-do items in RT without requiring much
overhead.

--Bret