[rt-users] RT 3-2.2 - auto creation of new accounts

Paul Williams paul.williams at uwex.edu
Fri Nov 12 14:48:14 EST 2004

We have RT3-2-2 installed on a redhat AS 2.1 system,
using mod_perl.

We are in the process of evaluating RT and have a few
questions that others may be able to answer.

We are wondering what is our best solution to having
users in the system.   This would be primarily the users
who would not have any privileges.   Just so they could
look at the status of their job.

I found one draft document that indicated that
with customers, when someone new submits a request,
RT automatically creates a non-staff account.

Our system doesn't do that and I didn't see any
documentation inside rt 3.2.2 that would indicate
it would do that.

So, if it doesn't create accounts automatically,
do you have to create an account for every user
or is all correspondence via email.

Thanks,

paulw