[rt-users] Generating Reports and Adding Custom Statuses

Christian Hammers ch at westend.com
Tue Nov 16 08:24:22 EST 2004

Hello Chris

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 01:13:46PM -0500, Chris Cahill wrote:
> Also, they would like to add a status ("In Testing") and rename
> "Stalled" to "On Hold". How hard is this to accomplish?

I can help you with this. We implemented "waiting" (for customer to
respond)" and will soon split to "waiting for reminder" and "waiting
for autoclose" (if customer does not react within 4 days the case is
considered as solved) which was a good idea I got from OTRS.

Anyway, I remember that I entered the new state in very few files, I
think it was even enough to write it in
 @@ /etc/request-tracker3.2/RT_SiteConfig.pm
 - @ActiveStatus = qw(new open stalled) unless @ActiveStatus;
 + @ActiveStatus = qw(new open stalled waiting) unless @ActiveStatus;

and then adjust your search queries that waiting shows up in "my 10 high
prio tickets" or in the "keyword search" from the upper right corner.
See html/Elements/MyTickets and html/SelfService/Elements/MyRequests

bye,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers             WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller