[rt-users] how to disable inline display of attachments

Kevin Murphy murphy at genome.chop.edu
Fri Nov 19 17:14:18 EST 2004

On Nov 19, 2004, at 3:51 PM, Todd Chapman wrote:
>> I'm using RT 3.2.1 and would like to disable the display of
>> attachments
>> inline in the main ticket display.
> What kind of attachments are they?

The attachments are large text files (data) which nobody would ever
want to look at inline (not even the first few lines of each, although
that would be better than the whole thing).  I've told the users to
start compressing them before attaching, which they should be doing
anyway.

In my experience, attachments usually play a supporting role with
respect to the main message, and, even if the attachments are short, it
still is usually not appropriate to display them in-line in the main
ticket history.  It makes the ticket history really hard to visually
scan if there are a bunch of comments and a bunch of in-line
attachments made at different times.

Kevin Murphy