[rt-users] Palm OS Synchronization

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Nov 19 17:29:47 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 14:56, Jeff McCune wrote:

> I use pssh on my treo to ssh to work and read email.

Mine (Sprint version) has a built-in pop mail client that picks
up email automatically at scheduled intervals or on demand.  An
account came with the service but it can access others.  That lets
you read and respond while working offline.  I had to do a flash
update on the phone to get the mail program. If you don't have that
option there is a free pop client from eudora and some commercial
imap versions.

> Email would be
> another layer outside of my todo list that I'd rarely check.

It beeps when something comes in so it's hard to ignore.  I interact
with several things through email so it always seems like the obvious
choice.

>   I already
> have certain RT tickets being forwarded to my phone via SMS.  From our
> chairman for example.

Sms messages are too short to be of much use except to tell you
to look elsewhere.  Email can hold the whole ticket and let you
respond.  How would the todo list get a response back to the
requester or database?

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com