[rt-users] requesttracker gets lost in Tickets option

Paul Williams paul.williams at uwex.edu
Mon Oct 11 15:47:16 EDT 2004

I have installed Requesttracker 3.2.2, on a Redhat Linux AS 2.1
system.  I am running Apache 1.3.31 (compiled and installed
from source), and I am using mod_perl 1.29.

I have installed perl-5.8.5 into its own tree at /usr/local/perl5/perl5.8.5
(I also modifed /usr/bin/perl to point to that perl).

The installation of requesttracker was not entirely clean.
A number of modules needed to be installed by downloading them
and then doing the install.

When I access requesttracker via the web, it appears that
it is working.

However, if I click on  Tickets the web browser never gets to the
next web page, it just indicates the browser it is attempting to get the
Search/Build.html web page.

If I check the httpd processes with top, it shows one of them is using
nearly all the cpu.

I have to run

/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart

to fix the problem.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?