[rt-users] Keep RT from autoconversion

Tim Pritlove tim at ccc.de
Thu Oct 14 23:04:14 EDT 2004

On 14.10.2004, at 16:50, Christopher Kunz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> our RT installation seems to automatically convert any incoming mail
> from ISO-8859-1 into UTF8 and then back to ISO-8859-1 or something,
> effectively breaking all Umlauts that are in the mail.

I experience the same with a 3.0.11 installation. Updating Perl from
5.8.0 to 5.8.5 didn't solve the problem.

> All mails are sent as ISO-8859-1 with UTF-8 Umlauts, which really
> looks annoying.

Hmm. Our mails leave RT correctly encoded in utf-8. So the problem is
only on the receiving side.

> This problem seems to have started after updating to RT 3.2.0 - what
> are we doing wrong?

As stated before, we have the problem right from the start with 3.0.11.

Any hints are welcome as this is a bit annoying. I also have the
feeling attachments become corrupted as well. There are a couple of RTF
and DOC attachments that can't be opened correctly.

Greetings
Tim
------
Tim Pritlove, Discordian Evangelist
<mailto:tim at ccc.de> <http://tim.geekheim.de/>
<aim:timpritlove> <jabber:tim at jabber.berlin.ccc.de>
Project Blinkenlights <http://www.blinkenlights.de/>
------
The Fifth Commandment:
A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing What he reads.