[rt-users] Restricting Ticket Visibility

Eric Rescorla ekr at rtfm.com
Mon Oct 18 14:46:48 EDT 2004

RT version: 3.0.6

I have an RT installation with a bunch of queues. Call them
A1, A2, A3, ... and B1

Users in Group A have CreateTicket,ReplyTicket,SeeQueue, and ShowTicket
set for queues A1, A2, ...

Users in Group B have CreateTicket,ReplyTicket,SeeQueue, and ShowTicket
set for queue B.

All of the tickets in Queues A* are chronologically before the
tickets in Queue B.

When a user in A does a search for tickets that would include
tickets in B (e.g. "Status = New") it works fine and he sees the tickets
from queues A* only.

When a user in B does the same search, he doesn't see anything.
If I add another restriction so that it would only show the tickets
in B, then it works fine.

Does anyone recognize this? Did I bungle something? Is there a known
fix?

Thanks,
-kr