[rt-users] Rights delegation and ACL?

Eric Fesh fesh at mpi-softtech.com
Tue Oct 19 17:51:34 EDT 2004

Hello all:

I've been running RT 3.2.2 on Solaris in production for a week or so, and
I'm really pleased with how it's working so far, especially with the
user-defined scrips. While trying to work with delegation, however, I've
come across a rather irritating issue. I have to give a user the "Modify
ACL" right for them to be able to delegate their rights, but when I do so
the user can also give themselves or other users the "Super User" or any
other right they feel like from the configuration menu. True, they can't
see the results (not having the "Show ACL" right), but the change is
effective. Has anyone else run across this and come up with a workable
solution?

--
Eric Fesh
Customer Support Engineer/Software Test Engineer

The information contained in this communication may be confidential and is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If the reader of
this communication is not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or
any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you are not a named
recipient or received this communication by mistake, please notify the sender
and delete the communication and all copies of it.