[rt-users] Where to look for info on setting custom requestor

Bruce Timberlake rt at brtnet.org
Tue Oct 19 19:19:09 EDT 2004

I've checked the wiki and googled for terms I thought were appropriate, but
I'm getting nowhere.

Short version: Is it possible to have an email address from the body of an
initial ticket-creation email be used as the Requestor address, rather than
the "From:" header??

Long version: I'm using RT 3.2.1 to keep track of customer issues. The company
provides a web app to the customers, with a limited number of choices via
dropdowns and a few text fields, to notify the company of  problems,
questions, comments, etc. (basically a form to email setup).

The company had been tracking these via regular email, which did not work well
at all. Thus the need for a ticket system, and thus the RT implementation.

Once a customer submits a problem, the web system sends an email to RT (on a
physically separate server). The email is sent to the appropriate queue based
on the problem category the customer selects (queue-comment at example.org,
queue-outage at example.org, etc).

I have total control over the format/content of the email that is sent, so if
that makes things any easier for a solution, it's an option. Right now the
body of the ticket just shows as: