[rt-users] searching for users takes forever

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 20 15:55:58 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 01:32:44PM -0400, Sheeri Kritzer wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> When I attempt to add a user to a group, it takes forever searching for the
> possible members to add.  This is because there are so many names to search for
> -- there are almost 6000 names in our database, since RT makes an entry for each
> distinct requestor.

Have you turned on mysql's logging? If so, what database queries is RT
doing?

	-j

> I also can't really imagine why anyone would want to add someone into a group,
> who doesn't have rights to access rt.  Can someone give me a scenario?

Managing all your customers by adding them to groups for the
organizations they work for is a common case. That wy you can grant
unprivileged users more rights like "SeeQueue" and "CreateTicket" for
queues that are relevant to them.