[rt-users] MySQL question and RT

Brett Barnhart BrettB at hkusa.com
Wed Sep 8 10:51:44 EDT 2004

I need to write some custom reports (depending on the value of a custom
field, how many requests are there, how much time was spent, etc).

I'd like to write these reports outside of RT (since my company is not
familiar with perl or Linux, it is best to have it in the familiar
environment).

I am trying to connect to the RT database, but I am getting a message
"#ip address of my computer# is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

Could someone point me in the right direct to give my computer access? I am
guessing that there is a permissions file somewhere where I need to add
permissions, but I am not finding it.

Thanks!
Brett