[rt-users] Problems with RTx::Shredder!

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Thu Sep 9 05:18:45 EDT 2004

Hi Ruslan!

first thanks for your help and the script. we really needed
such a tool, because our database will probably reach
2gig at the end of the year.

> Hmmm. As I see users a little bit confused with my distribution :(

You are right, it's your fault ;-)
my proposals
1.) Correct the example script
http://search.cpan.org/~ruz/RTx-Shredder-0.01/lib/RTx/Shredder.pm
-$deleted->Limit( VALUE => 'deleted' );
+$deleted->LimitStatus( VALUE => 'deleted' );
2.) Note the installed scripts in README
3.) Note that it is >> necessary << to install the patch. (So this
was my second fault/thank you Todd). For our absolute beginners the
"patch -p0 ...." line
4.) Some hints for users of the debian distribution, because some path
are different, so I had to modify the Makefile to get the installer
work.

and a question isn't it possible to put all the affected files
in the local tree? so i don't have to touch the files of the
distribution

best regards

sven