[rt-users] Performance Issues

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Thu Sep 9 14:44:47 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 02:26:33PM -0400, Dan Pritts wrote:
> mysql is only using about 10 megs of RAM, FWIW.

That's probably not ideal. Have a look at the sample mysql
configurations and choose which one is appropriate for your setup,
most likely the large.

> I am not running innodb.

That's bad. You really should be running innodb for RT.

> It's not.  It has 1G of ram and does nothing beyond run processes
> beyond what's required for RT.  It currently has 256M or so free, plus
> 256M or so used for file cache.

That doesn't mean its not swapping. You've forced mysql to use 10MB
and no more of RAM. If it needs more, it will swap once it reaches
it's limit, regardless of physical memory.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"