[rt-users] Apache Auth, mailgate problems!!

Nils-Erik Svangård nisse at dc.ltu.se
Wed Sep 22 12:31:39 EDT 2004

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

> Nils-Erik Svangård wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>> I was doing a upgrade of our RT (2.0.15) to RT3.2.1. I have set up
>> everything and all seems to work.
>> The problem I'm having now, is that the place where RT resides
>> requires LDAP authentication. It seems that rt-mailgate requires
>> access to the webpage. How do I fix this? No mail is delivered to RT3
>> due to the LDAP auth. All authentication is handled by apache.
>
> RT has special code for /NoAuth dir handling.
> You should disable LDAP auth for it in apache too or
> hack rt-mailgate, LWP can handle HTTP auth protocols.
>

>> /nisse

Hmm I cant get it to work!
Now the LDAP auth wont work its prob. a simple error that I dont see.

<VirtualHost rtsite.stuff.se:443>
    ServerName   rtsite.stuff.se
    DocumentRoot   /info/install/rt3.2.1/share/html
    <Directory /info/install/rt3.2.1/share/html>
          AuthType Basic
          AuthName 'stuff'
          AuthLDAPStartTLS On
          Require valid-user
   </Directory>
    <Dirctory /info/install/rt3.2.1/share/html/REST/1.0>
          Option Indexes FollowSymLinks
          AllowOverride None
          order allow, deny
          allow from all
          Satisfy Any
    </Directory>

     AllTheRT_Stuff On
</Virtualhost>

This makes it authenticate to the ldapserver but RT wants me to login
anyway, even thoug I have externalauth on, if i turn off
internalfallback then I cant log in to RT.
ARRG.. any ideas?
/nisse

--
	       Datorcentralen Luelå tekniska universitet
	Name:	Nils-Erik Svangård	e-mail:	nisse at dc.ltu.se
	Ph:	+46-920-49244		URL:http://www.dc.ltu.se