[rt-users] RHEL3 (perl 5.8.0) UTF-8 Problems.. (now slightly OT)

Dan Pritts danno at internet2.edu
Wed Sep 22 16:36:31 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:47:54AM +1200, Nathan Ward wrote:
> In that case then, does anyone have any tips on deploying a second
> perl/(mod_perl|fastcgi) installation, which doesn't walk all over the
> one provided by distribution_x?

You should be able to simply build your own perl with a
different root directory -

  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pkg/perl-5.8.5

and then build the appropriate mod_perl or fastcgi to go with the perl
installed in that location.

fastcgi will be a lot simpler to configure than mod_perl.

I don't know how well it would work with RT but I have gotten around
problems with perl's UTF-8 support biting me in the ass before by simply
  setenv LANG C

before i start the perl interpreter.

danno
dan pritts                                       danno at internet2.edu
systems administrator                            734/352-4953 office
internet2                                        734/834-7224 mobile