[rt-users] first time writing scrips, and having problems with auto-resolving and setting transation's timetaken

hubert lubaczewski hubert.lubaczewski at eo.pl
Wed Sep 29 11:58:06 EDT 2004

hi
first of all - i'm using rt 3.0.6. (will be upgradeing very soon, but
right now it's all i have).

i wanted to write a scrip which will allow me to resolve tickets and set
"timetaken" per transaction in mails i send to rt (which later are added
as correspondence to tickets).
so i wrote this scrip:

#v+
my $sContent = $self->TransactionObj->ContentObj->Content;
my $sCreator = $self->TransactionObj->CreatorObj->EmailAddress;

return 1 unless $sCreator =~ /^[a-z\.]+\@OUR_DOMAIN$/;

$sContent =~ s/\s*$//;     # this makes $sContent
$sContent =~ s/^.*\n//s;   # Contain only last non-empty line
return 1 unless $sContent =~ s/^xx:\s+//;

if ($sContent =~ s/(^|\s+)w:(\d+)($|\s+)/ /) {
	my $tic = $self->TicketObj;
	my @a = $tic->SetTimeWorked( $tic->TimeWorked + $2 );

}
if ($sContent =~ s/(^|\s+)s:(resolved|stalled|rejected)($|\s+)/ /) {
	$self->TicketObj->SetStatus($2);
}

return 1;
#v-

looks simple.
1st.
 i would like to set timetaken per transation, but when i tried:
 $self->TransactionObj->SetTimeTaken($2);
 i got error: Immutable Field.

 is there anything i can do without modifiyng .pm's (i know about
 writing _Local.pm's, but i dont like the idea).

2nd (and more important).
 When i do SetStatus this way - it works, BUT - then goes global scrip:
 "On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank"
 which is (as far as i know) standard in rt.

 i like this global scrip so i'm not goging to turn this off, but maybe
 there is a way to temporary disable it when i setstatus otherwise?

i really hope some of you can help me, and sorry for my english.

depesz

--
hubert lubaczewski
Network Operations Center