[rt-users] Initial Queue Detection

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Mon Apr 4 23:01:39 EDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 10:13:39PM -0400, Meo, Anthony wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are implementing RT as a customer support application.  Many of our
> customers send emails to addresses that they believe to be another
> company (under a wholesale agreement with them).  To support this in RT,
> the email addresses for these queues accept and send out using these
> specific addresses.
>
> Once a ticket is created in RT, it may need to be escalated to our Tier
> 2 support, which is a queue in itself.  If the user replies back to the
> customer once the ticket is in the Tier 2 support queue, it will use the
> address on the current queue....which is not a result we can have.
>
> So,  I know there are options but ide like to know what you all think is
> the most appropriate to implement:
>
> My first choice would be to always reply to the user using the email
> address on the queue the ticket was created in:
> 	Assuming this is the method, is there a method call or attribute
> that I can grab on the ticket object (via scips or templates) that gives
> me access to the queue the ticket was created in.  If so, how do I go
> about accessing it.

You could do this by going through the ticket transactions and
finding the OldValue of the first queue change transaction.

> A second option would be to alter the way tickets are escalated to other
> queues (or groups), but I do not know how that would work.  Without
> moving tickets into different queues (where the user does not have
> ownership privileges) there is no way to move it back to the new/unowned
> tickets query on the homepage of a user in the "escalated to" queue.
>
> Hopefully someone has some insight into this issue.

Why can't they reply to the e-maill address for the first queue? RT
will find the ticket number in the subject and make sure the
correspondence happens in the right place.

-Todd