[rt-users] Initial Queue Detection

Meo, Anthony Anthony.Meo at btci.com
Mon Apr 4 23:06:15 EDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 10:13:39PM -0400, Meo, Anthony wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are implementing RT as a customer support application.  Many of our
> customers send emails to addresses that they believe to be another
> company (under a wholesale agreement with them).  To support this in
RT,
> the email addresses for these queues accept and send out using these
> specific addresses.
>
> Once a ticket is created in RT, it may need to be escalated to our
Tier
> 2 support, which is a queue in itself.  If the user replies back to
the
> customer once the ticket is in the Tier 2 support queue, it will use
the
> address on the current queue....which is not a result we can have.
>
> So,  I know there are options but ide like to know what you all think
is
> the most appropriate to implement:
>
> My first choice would be to always reply to the user using the email
> address on the queue the ticket was created in:
> 	Assuming this is the method, is there a method call or attribute
> that I can grab on the ticket object (via scips or templates) that
gives
> me access to the queue the ticket was created in.  If so, how do I go
> about accessing it.

You could do this by going through the ticket transactions and
finding the OldValue of the first queue change transaction.

[[Anthony Meo]] Would you happen to have an example of this.   I am
currently "trying by dying" on this and making slow progress....though
im sure I will get there.
The perfect method for this would be one that returns the email address
of the original queue if it has been changes, else, it returns the email
address of the current queue (assuming it has not changed queues).

> A second option would be to alter the way tickets are escalated to
other
> queues (or groups), but I do not know how that would work.  Without
> moving tickets into different queues (where the user does not have
> ownership privileges) there is no way to move it back to the
new/unowned
> tickets query on the homepage of a user in the "escalated to" queue.
>
> Hopefully someone has some insight into this issue.

Why can't they reply to the e-maill address for the first queue? RT
will find the ticket number in the subject and make sure the
correspondence happens in the right place.

[[Anthony Meo]] In this case, they may reply to the original email
address...I have tested this and it works just fine.  The only issue is
regarding the person working in RT and sending out the email to the
customer....which is how they will work.  Currently, it will take the
email address of the existing queue.

-Todd