[rt-users] Initial Queue Detection

Russell Mosemann mose at ns.cune.edu
Tue Apr 5 00:02:40 EDT 2005

An email address is associated with a queue.  If you want a reply or
comment to have a specific email address, the ticket needs to reside in
the queue with that address.

What you want is for a specific email address to be associated with a
ticket, no matter what queue it is in.  That's not how this works.  You
might be able to cobble together a template that looks to see what queues
a ticket has visited and specify an address based on that, but that
sounds a little complicated.  If you are up to it, go for it.

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Meo, Anthony wrote:

> [[Anthony Meo]] If we go with this model how can we take care of the
> following:  The current owner does not know who to escalate the ticket
> to.  The tier 2 support group consists of about 50 people.  The owner
> does not have insight, nor authority to assign anything to a specific
> person.

The owner doesn't need to have insight.  He just needs to know someone in
the next tier.  That person can reassign the ticket to someone else, if
necessary.  In fact, it could be that person's responsibility to
disseminate escalated tickets.

> Given that, is there a way to make the ticket visible to the whole group
> (meaning the group of people with "Show Ticket" privileges on the tier 2
> support queue?  Within tier 2, It may be escalated again to a higher
> more specific queue i.e Network Support, PC Support, etc.... where a
> higher level person has to perform work.

You could make tickets in all of the queues visible to everyone in tier 2
and above, but I doubt you want to do that, because they normally would
not deal with the majority of the tickets.

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
"Confucious say: Man who throw dirt lose ground."