[rt-users] Ldap Auth - some users not authing

Christopher Peter Welsh cpwe at deakin.edu.au
Tue Apr 5 22:57:14 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have LDAP auth sort of working, need help to understand why some users are not
authenticating.

When I first installed RT I setup inbuilt user accounts for the admins. Now I'm
using LDAP overlay, These users can login, and I know it works because I get OK
back from the debug, but When I get normal users (who have submitted email to
the queue in the past) to login, they get a message "Your username or password
incorrect" The debug output is as follows. I assume that these users are auto
created in RT as unpriv users when they subimt their requests via email. When I
list the users under configuration, users, I only see the users I added by hand
and not those who emailed requests in.

I can search under email and see all users who have sent a request in the past.

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm sure the ldap ou's and dc's are ok,
because I use them for other ldap searches on coldfusion.

Failed entry
Apr  6 12:34:48 testme RT: FAILED LOGIN for julesh from 10.0.2.226
(/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:196)

Successful entry
Apr  6 12:15:10 testme RT: Using External Authentication
(/opt/rt3/lib/RT/User_Local.pm:53)
Apr  6 12:15:10 testme RT: AUTH OK: chrisw (CN=Chris Welsh,OU=ITAdmin,OU=STAFF
USERS,DC=admin,DC=sjc)  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/User_Local.pm:100)
Apr  6 12:15:10 testme RT: Successful login for chrisw from 10.0.3.85
(/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:203)

Do I need to switch on some kind of autocreate? Where for Ldap auth?
Using RT 3.2.2 on Mandrake linux, into ADS 2003K server

Here is my RT_site...

$LDAPExternalAuth = 1;
$LdapServer="ford.abcd.abc";
$LdapUser="cn=ldusr,cn=users,dc=abcd,dc=abc";
$LdapPass="blah";
$LdapBase="ou=staff users,dc=abcd,dc=abc";
$LdapFilter="(objectclass=*)";
$LdapTLS = 1;
$LdapUidAttr="samaccountname";
$LdapSSLVersion = 3;

TA
Chris W

Chris Welsh
IS Honours Student
(Faculty of Business & Law, Deakin University)