[rt-users] RT Ldap Only some helpdesk users are authing

Christopher Welsh cpwe at deakin.edu.au
Wed Apr 6 09:23:05 EDT 2005

Hi,

It seems only some of the helpdesk users are authenticating against
active directory.

Can someone suggest why.

1. Do I need to add each user by hand in RT?
2. Can I set the helpdesk up to auto create the new user when they try
to auth?
and if they are have sent email requests in the past I thought they
would they would have been auto created into the help desk when the job
get sent to the queue.

Update.

I just created the user as root in the rt config interface.

To test I set a different local password to that of the one in ADS.
I logged in with the ADS password and it worked.

This leads me to think that I need a way to auto create users. I need to
do this tomorrow. Can anyone show me specifics on this? Probably
something in the RT_Site... file?

Apr  6 23:05:06 testme RT: AUTH OK: julesh (CN=Jules
Holt,OU=Administration,OU=STAFF USERS,DC=blah,DC=Blah)
(/opt/rt3/lib/RT/User_Local.pm:100)
Apr  6 23:05:06 testme RT: Successful login for julesh from 10.0.4.11
(/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:203)
Chris W.

ps. Has anyone got ldap code to grab user's telephone details from ADS.