[rt-users] mod_perl2 incompatible changes

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Apr 12 12:01:42 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 10:58:28AM +0100, Stephen Quinney wrote:
> See this email message for details:
> http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/80048
> and this webpage:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html
>
> These changes, I believe, will completely break the mod_perl2 support
> in RT (or at the very least the configuration of such a system).

Short version: they finally realized that mod_perl2 is *not* just a
drop in replacement for mod_perl1, and shouldn't be treated that way in
the namespace.

Alas, this will likely make life difficult for people who want to be
compatible with both releases.  It will be interesting to see how this
one shakes out.

In any event, RC4 does seem to work ok with RT.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me