[rt-users] Mysql -> Postgres

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Apr 12 12:43:30 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 12:04:08PM -0400, Jon Daley wrote:
>  	I have used RT on mysql for a bit, but I am looking to migrate to
> PG for some other projects, and I figured it would be better if I could
> run one server, rather than two.
>  	I am using debian packages:
>
> RT: 3.4.1-2
> Postgresql: 7.4.7-3
>
>  	When I run the rt-setup-database script, it has trouble creating
> the system user, _BootstrapCreate:
> "Couldn't create a Principal on new user create. Strange things are afoot
> at the circle K"
>
>  	I saw one person with this error who was using Oracle, but have
> not seen other solutions in the archives.

They're there.  I had it on Pg as well.  Your DBD::Pg is 1.40, which
won't work.  1.41 might, 1.32 definitely will.  Either upgrade or
downgrade.  If you're already *running* 1.41, let us know, cause that
means they haven't fixed it yet.

Switch out the module, zap the databases, and restart the install.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me