[rt-users] Broken Upgrade to 3.4

Stephen Quinney stephen at jadevine.org.uk
Wed Apr 13 12:51:40 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:58:06AM -0500, Josh Welch wrote:
> I am running Request Tracker on Debian Sarge. I had been running the
> request-tracker3 package for awhile, it was happy and good. I then
> decided to upgrade and use the request-tracker3.4 package. No things are
> not happy or good. I am obviously missing some crucial step, but can not
> figure it out. I get the following errors when I try to create a new
> user, the first error is the web page error I get, the second error is
> what shows up in the error-rt.log for the web server. Any thoughts on
> this matter?

A few things come to mind, did you apply all the upgrades in
/etc/request-tracker3.4/upgrade/ and were they successful? Also are
you running postgres? If so, the current version of
libdbix-searchbuilder-perl (1.24-1) in Sarge does not work, grab
1.25-1 from Sid (it will get into Sarge tonight anyway).

Stephen