[rt-users] rt-mailgate

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Apr 18 11:43:03 EDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:41:08AM +0200, Sivan DERAY wrote:
> I want to set an other RT on an other machine.
>
> I need to know if the alias "rt" used in /etc/aliases could be changed
> to rt-test for exemple ?
> Or does Request Tracker is waiting for an "rt" occurrence only ?

It's not completely clear what you're after, but no, the alias you
choose to catch mail for rt need not be any specific string.

I thought you had to match that string with a setting in RT_Config, but
I don't see it (I'm fairly new to RT, myself).

Now, if your RT machines are not the direct mail-catchers for your
domain, you'll have to deal with forwarding the messages that come in
appropriately, but that's a separate issue.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me