[rt-users] Help with webrt for Windows

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Fri Apr 22 09:35:11 EDT 2005

Scott Ehrlich wrote:

>On 4/22/05, Drew Barnes <barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu> wrote:
>

>>http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Rights
>>

>I just read that section, but I'm not sure it applies here (unless I
>am educated to the contrary).   I initially logged into rt as root.
>root has full capability to do anything it wants.   I created two
>accounts, using rt's users section, and granted "Let this user access
>RT" and "Let this user be granted rights".
>
>What do I need to do next to give each account SuperUser access, as root has?
>I'm not seeing anything obvious to me to aid with this need.

I wouldn't give anyone besides the main admin(s) superuser access.  too
much can be broken.  Look at the section "Working schemas" under "Public
support queue."  That is a very typical setup for a helpdesk.  Also
follow the links under Descriptions for more in-depth descriptions of
the rights system.

--
Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst