[rt-users] Changing the size of Status Field

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Apr 25 13:25:41 EDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 12:02:50PM -0300, Rodolfo de Moraes Reis wrote:
> I'm get crazy to find out where status size is seted. I already
> changed the size of status column in Ticket's Table (from varchar(10)
> to varchar(15)) but keep showing an error message (Illegal value for
> Status). I created some status (@ActiveStatus in RT_Config.pm) and
> one of them has 13 words. What I have to do??? I already changed the
> database table Tickets, but it's seems a programming restriction (but
> where?! Maybe Record.pm?!).

You probably won't want to hear this, but my suggestion would be "find
a way not to have to have a 13 word status tag."  One or two words is a
reasonable maximum.

Your staff isn't going to be able to *talk* about tickets in that
status without abbreviating it anyway, so figure out what they would
abbreviate it *to*, and use that.

If you can't, then perhaps you're trying to use the status field for
something for which it wasn't intended, and you should use a custom
field?

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me