[rt-users] how to set a tickets field via email ???

Ennis William McCaffrey ennis at mail.twcgb.net
Mon Apr 25 13:31:09 EDT 2005

RT version 3.4.1
OS : Fedora Core 3
DB: MySQ: 4.1.x

I have created a web page to create requests for data center outages.

The web page gathers information, sends the info to RT via an email, and RT
creates a new ticket for the outage request.

What I would like to do is set certain RT ticket fields based opon input from
the web page.

That is, I would like to set the date and time of the outage, it's length, and
some other ticket fields gathered from the web page.

Does anybody know how to do this via an email to RT?

Ennis McCaffrey

Time Warner Cable
Digital Network Engineer

1001 West Kennedy Avenue