[rt-users] mail to rt is getting hung up.

Bruce Rudd Bruce.Rudd at datadirect.com
Thu Aug 4 14:08:22 EDT 2005

I am trying to do some simple testing to get RT3 to create a new ticket from an email.  I have setup the /etc/aliases file as follows;

rt: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url http://rt.nc-soleng1/"

rt-comment: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment --url http://rt.nc-soleng1/"

request: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue Requests --action correspond --url http://rt.nc-soleng1/"

request-comment: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue Requests --action comment --url http://rt.nc-soleng1/"

when I try to send an email to one of these address it does not seem to get delivered.  I end up with this in /var/spool/mqueue

The domain in my email address and that in the http: url above are not the same but I can send email to users @ the domain in the email.  Both the URL above and the domain in the email address below well resolve in the web browser but I have to use the longer domain so our DNS server will find my RT server.  I tried changing the HTTP URL in the aliases file to match the domain in the email address and there is no change in the behavior.

V8

T1123176988

K1123176988

N1

P30528

I253/0/8848610

MDeferred: prog mailer (/usr/sbin/smrsh) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL

Fs

$_rt.nc-soleng1 [127.0.0.1]

$rESMTP

$srt.nc-soleng1

${daemon_flags}

${if_addr}127.0.0.1

S<root at rt.nc-soleng1>

A<>

MDeferred: prog mailer (/usr/sbin/smrsh) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL

Crequest:8:0:<request at nc-soleng1.americas.progress.com>

rRFC822; request at nc-soleng1.americas.progress.com

RPFDA:"|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue Requests --action correspond --url http://rt.nc-soleng1/"

H?P?Return-Path: <g>

H??Received: from rt.nc-soleng1 (rt.nc-soleng1 [127.0.0.1])

            by rt.nc-soleng1 (8.13.1/8.13.1) with ESMTP id j74HaSxt004607

            for <request at nc-soleng1.americas.progress.com>; Thu, 4 Aug 2005 13:36:28 -0400

H?x?Full-Name: root

H??Received: (from root at localhost)

            by rt.nc-soleng1 (8.13.1/8.13.1/Submit) id j74HaQO0004606

            for request at nc-soleng1.americas.progress.com; Thu, 4 Aug 2005 13:36:26 -0400

H??Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 13:36:26 -0400

H??From: root <root at rt.nc-soleng1>

H??Message-Id: <200508041736.j74HaQO0004606 at rt.nc-soleng1>

.

Regards,
Bruce Rudd
Solutions Engineer

DataDirect Technologies

www.DataDirect.com <http://www.datadirect.com/>

Check and log cases on the web with SupportLink Online <http://www.datadirect.com/support/index.ssp>
Interact with Peers and exchange information with our Developer's Forums <http://forums.datadirect.com/ddforums/index.jspa>
You may reach a SupportLink Engineer at (888) 332-6797